Our XLS exporter is doing something wrong.

Anyone here interested in checking out a good XLS exporting
compatibility-checking tool?

        http://www.andykhan.com/excelread/

This is an opensource tool written in Java, which means we
can inspect its assumptions and thereby gain greater
understanding of the XLS file format.

The tool requires the Java 2 JDK.
ExcelRead will read workbooks created in Excel 97, 98 and
2000 formats.

A service that I am testing for a a friend's company is
using this code to read in xls files.  I get failures
importing xls files written out by OO and by Gnumeric.
It is obviously expecting something to be different.
So, we should fix whatever our exporter is doing wrong.
I am not advocating using this code to import XLS files.

Thanks,
        Miles