Re: Problems importing Applix sheet

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:12:22 -0500
Greg Ward <gward python net> wrote:

On 15 December 2002, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) said:
With a bit of luck you still have enough space for the
1.1.x packages from project/experimental and their
dependencies...

OK, I've found
http://archive.progeny.com/debian/project/experimental/ .
And I've read the sources.list man page backwards and
forwards. But I still can't figure out the right line(s)
to add to my/etc/apt/sources.list.  Can you give me a
hint?

(I'd show you what I tried, but I *know* they're all
wrong, and anyone who actually understands apt would just
laugh at my feeble attempts to make it work.)
Somebody _really_ understands apt ? :)

Some highlights from my very cruddy sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib
non-free#The experimental gnome stuff for use with unstable
 deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental
main deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian
.../project/experimental main#The Woody backport of gnome 2
  deb http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
  deb-src http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
#This is just for Toux Doux
deb http://www.gnu.org/software/toutdoux/debian/ ./
# Uncomment if you want the apt-get source function to work
#deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main
contrib non-free#deb-src
http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US#the
main testing branch deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian
testing main contribute non-free#deb
http://ftp.au.debian.org/pub/debian unstable main contribute
non-free#deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main
contrib non-free#GALEON -be carefull
#deb ftp://galeon.sourceforge.net/pub/galeon/nightly/debian
galeon/#deb-src
ftp://galeon.sourceforge.net/pub/galeon/nightly/debian
galeon/

Now all of that seems to work OK --- well mostly ---
('nother time) Therefore ??:
deb http://archive.progeny.com/debian/project/experimental/
main contrib non-free

Hope this helps :)
should get what your after.  The forward slash is quite
important but note the way the Toux Doux repository is
addressed above.

(you don't need to put all three "strands" in just the one
you want.. However You may need a package form those as
well...)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward python net>