Re: Generating spreadsheet from a script

At 11:29 09/12/02 +0100, you wrote:
I have then been asked to do it for different clients, and here is where
my heartache ;-) begins... Instead of having a different template for
each client (a real pain), I want to dynamically generate the
spreadsheet, using something like Perl or Python would be great.

I would also love to be able to graph the results, but that is probably
a second step that should be dealed with later.

One possibility is to use the Spreadsheet::WriteExcel Perl module.

This will allow you to dynamically generate Excel files on a Unix platform.

It doesn't support graphs however.

Also, in conjunction with Jody, I hope to start work soon on a Perl interface to Gnumeric via libgnumeric.