Re: 2 questions about importing
- From: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- To: Peter Jay Salzman <p dirac org>
- Cc: Gnumeric mailing list <gnumeric-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: 2 questions about importing
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 22:18:08 -0400
On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 12:36:52PM -0700, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
1. i notice the import happens in a new instance of gnumeric. that's
not a big problem since i can just cut and past the entire column into
the first instance of gnumeric, but it would be more convenient for the
import to happen in the first instance -- the one i'm working in.
This should be an option. Import is currently used to designate
reading any format for which we can neither guess the format, nor
export. Only some of these make sense as in place reads.
2. importing numbers like this seems to destroy borders. any way of
making this a preference? or perhaps changing this behavior? when
importing stuff, we're usually importing into something already
formatted into tables, and it would be nice for the borders to stick
around so i don't have to redo them.
I assume you men that pasting the content fromanother workbook
destroys the formatting. Use paste special and you'll get the
] [Thread Prev