Re: 2 questions about importing
- From: Adrian Custer <acuster nature berkeley edu>
- To: Peter Jay Salzman <p dirac org>
- Cc: gnumeric list <gnumeric-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: 2 questions about importing
- Date: 18 Apr 2002 13:30:58 -0700
On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 12:36, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
1. i notice the import happens in a new instance of gnumeric. that's
not a big problem since i can just cut and past the entire column into
the first instance of gnumeric, but it would be more convenient for the
import to happen in the first instance -- the one i'm working in.
not yet but someone talked a few weeks ago about implementing this.
2. importing numbers like this seems to destroy borders. any way of
making this a preference? or perhaps changing this behavior? when
importing stuff, we're usually importing into something already
formatted into tables, and it would be nice for the borders to stick
around so i don't have to redo them.
In the cut and paste, use "paste special" -> "as value". it will paste
only your numbers and not obliterate the formating.
] [Thread Prev