Re: Planning scripts or macros???

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 05:43:08AM -0700, John Kiff wrote:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that gnumeric has a simple macro record and
playback facility. I'm most familiar with Applix and Quattro Pro, and both allow me to simply turn
on the macro record mode, perform a sequence of spreadsheet operations, save and name the session
and play it back anytime. Anyways, can I do this in gnumeric (I don't think so) and if not, is
something like this planned?

You are correct we don't support that feature at this time.  Adding
simple support for something like that would be easy, the question
would be which scripting language and which api to record into.
Neither question is likely to be answered before we branch the
stable tree in a few months.