Re: Gnumeric 0.72

Hi there,

I've installed Gnumeric 0.72. Whew, each new version makes me love it!
I notice enhancements and added stability since older versions, it's a
*very* nice soft, seems powerful and robust:).
Now it cannot anymore suffer to be compared to StarOffice (even 6.0),
Gnumeric as many many features that make it handy and powerful, and
so faster than SO (wot a pity to use SO - flashing widgets and boring
hangs).

I would like to ask a few questions, regarding to the way I use Gnumeric,
I apologize, it's a lil' bit long:

- when editing a cell (for text typing) with F2, when pressing Shift+[any
  arrow], it starts to select a text. This is normal of course, but the selection
  is shown in the formula widget, and not in the cell itself.
  Could it be possible to see the selection in the cell too?

- a part of text copied (CTRL+C) anywhere from within Gnumeric can be
  pasted into a cell (F2.. typing some text.. then CTRL+V: it adds the text to
  the cell's content: OK).
  But it seems to be impossible to paste a text copied from another app
  while editing the content of a cell..
  I've noticed that pasting a text copied from outside when I'm *not* inside
  a cell will lead Gnumeric to open a import dialog. This import feature works
  well and is very nice. Neither using this, it've not found a way to paste the
  whole text inside 1 cell only.
  Is there a workaround for this, or would it be a future feature if possible?

- the undo feature is not allowed when editing cell's content or I'm wrong?

- when searching for a text: nice feature, that shows all the matches in the
   search dialog!
   Unfortunately, the search dialog is modal (for some reasons I think), and
   I'm not able to edit the cells while searching..
   It would be nice in some cases to be able to open the search dialog, reach
   a cell, edit the cell, then click on "Next" and so on.. Of course it could alter
   the "matches list" which would have to be dynamically updated if the cell
   is touched.
   Are they too many reasons preventing to do this?

- using the "Print setup" on a .xls file, when the "Center" option is set
   (horizontal and/or vertical), the data from the sheet are shown completely
   outside of the margins (so, outside of the paper) when opening a "Print
   preview".. Disabling "Center" prevents this behaviour.
   Is this because I'm editing a .xls directly?

   Moreover, when clicking 30 times on the "Print preview", it opens 30 different
   Print previews? Is this a intentional feature, or would it be better to update
   the current preview window?

- I've compiled with GNOME basic support (seems OK at ./configure & make
   time), but what can I do to use gb scripts in Gnumeric? I can't see anything
   related to this in Gnumeric interface, whereas gb is installed and the plugin
   is loaded OK.

Thank you in advance for any reply,

Best regards

--