Re: Attn Packagers

In message <20011009223309 A10148 laptop thegoldbergs ca>, Jody Goldberg writes
:

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 10:16:08PM -0400, jgotts linuxsavvy com wrote:

spec file updated in CVS.

Actually I intentionally did not add
   Requires: bonobo >= 1.0.9
to the spec file.  Bonobo is not a requirement, the non-bonobo build
will continue to be supported for quite some time.  However, we
should use it if version >= 1.0.9 is available.  Can you express
that in an rpm ?

Actually it's okay because the spec file won't work if bonobo isn't installed.
The reason is that you use [version]-bonobo as the name for some directories
if bonobo is available and [version] if bonobo isn't available.

It would be possible to add something like this:

%define WithBonobo 1

# I don't know if you can define something to be the empty string.  If you
# can't, you might be able to use "".
%if %{WithBonobo}
%define bonobo -bonobo
%else
%define bonobo
%endif

%if %{WithBonobo}
Requires: bonobo >= 1.0.9
%endif

s/-bonobo/%{bonobo}/ in the files section(s).

I have no idea how we could make both cases work without having the user edit
at least the %define WithBonobo for building the uncommon case.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts