request for comment

I am in the process of migrating the data analysis tools to use the gnumeric expre-entry widget (I really don't like to type in the ranges when I could select them instead). The descriptive stats tool dialog is already in CVS, I have also completed the correlation, covariance and ranking tools.

WIth respect to the 3 t-tests and the z-test I have th efollwing question:

Currently they appear as 4 differnt tools (with four different dialogs). Conceptually these tests are closely related, I would therefore prefer considering them a single tool. This yields 3 possible ways to handle them:

1) (my preference) a single tool with a single dialog that changes slightly based on selections (ie. equal or unequal variances, etc.) similar to the random number dialog.

2) 4 tools that lead to the same dialog preloaded with the approriate selections. (This may be the way to go if it is considered important to have those 4 different tools, for example in deference to XL)

3) 4 tools with distinct dialogs as currently implemented (but of course using the expression entry widget).

Any opinions?

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow Assoc. Prof of Mathematics
Concordia University College of Alberta