request for comment

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating the data analysis tools to use the gnumeric expre-entry widget (I really don't like to type in the ranges when I could select them instead). The descriptive stats tool dialog is already in CVS, I have also completed the correlation, covariance and ranking tools.

WIth respect to the 3 t-tests and the z-test I have th efollwing question:

Currently they appear as 4 differnt tools (with four different dialogs). Conceptually these tests are closely related, I would therefore prefer considering them a single tool. This yields 3 possible ways to handle them:

1) (my preference) a single tool with a single dialog that changes slightly based on selections (ie. equal or unequal variances, etc.) similar to the random number dialog.

2) 4 tools that lead to the same dialog preloaded with the approriate selections. (This may be the way to go if it is considered important to have those 4 different tools, for example in deference to XL)

3) 4 tools with distinct dialogs as currently implemented (but of course using the expression entry widget).

Any opinions?

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow Assoc. Prof of Mathematics
Concordia University College of Alberta