Re: graphs, guppi or Grace?

I guess my real question, and don't take this the wrong way, is ...
why was guppi written?  What advantage would there be to using it
over other plotting programs?

Mathew
On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 03:05:00PM -0700, Mathew Yeates wrote:

I considering using Grace instead of guppi (there is now
a  python interface to Grace so I can call it from my
python plugin)

Would there be any advantage to using guppi over Grace? Grace is not
gtk based so I wouldnt have the same look and feel as gnumeric. Also, no
drag and drop support. But Grace is much more mature than guppi and I would
expect it to have alot more features.

Comments?

Mathew
(P.S. was formerly known as xmgr)

All current development is with guppi.  The interface between
Gnumeric and Guppi is based on CORBA, Bonobo, & xml which makes it
possible to develop a graphing component using another engine.
However, I have no plans to rush off and do that.  We're barely
scratching the surface of Guppi's capabilities, let's see how much
it can do.