Re: The continueing gnumeric build saga...

Hi Bob,

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Bob Washburne wrote:
Found libglade-0.14.  Requires 0.16 or higher.

And http://glade.pn.org is not responding at the moment.

        Try, ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/libglade

AARRGGHHH!!!!

Sorry, I just needed to say that.

        :-)

Could someone just reassure me that this will compile in the end?
And that this is not some sort of cruel joke used to punish me for
what I did with that cheerleader, squirrel and bicycle pump?  I am
sorry for that.  Really, I am.

        Gnumeric took me several weeks to get a working build - if it
makes it any better :-) learning the gnome build infastructure is more
difficult than it needs to be perhaps.

        BTW. if you are copying files around prefixes, and you are happy
to pollute your system's installed libraries and watch things crash and
burn, you can just configure stuff with --prefix=/usr and they will
install in /usr ( strangely :-). I would not reccomend this personaly, but
I know of people who should know better who do it: clahey, federico to
name and shame just 2 :-) [IIRC, YMMV, etc.]

        Regards,

                Michael.