Re: Using Glade files in Gnumeric

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 04:34:18PM +0200, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:

no convenient way to check for errors in this case (missing widgets and/or
invalid types of some widgets). Some authors ignore such errors, others put
assertions here and there or abort an action (sometimes printing error
message to stdout/stderr).

The assertions for widget existence and typing are hold overs from
before the glade files were in stalled in a version specific place.
This is a discussion that we've had before in different ways with
James.  It boils down to the fact that it would be nice to have some
versioning capabilities in the glade file.  I'd rather not do this
now.  The confusion for new developers seems to outweigh the
additional safety.

Thanks
    Jody