Re: Using Glade files in Gnumeric

On Wed, 2001-03-28 at 15:01:56, Morten Welinder wrote:

I don't think I agree with this.

I can see the point of checking for missing files -- that kind of
errors happen.  But checking [parts of] the contents makes little
sense to me.  If someone hand-edits their glade files, they get
what they deserve.
(...)

Ok, we should remove all existing checks then. The following files _do_
check (manually) if value returned by glade_xml_get_widget() != NULL:
dialog-define-names.c, dialog-cell-format.c, dialog-analysis-tools.c,
dialog-zoom.c, dialog-solver.c, dialog-insert-cells.c,
dialog-delete-cells.c, dialog-cell-sort.c, dialog-autosave.c,
dialog-autocorrect.c, dialog-advanced-filter.c, dialog-workbook-attr.c,
dialog-summary.c, dialog-simple-input.c
(that's mostly a code written by Miguel, Jukka, Michael and Jody)

The above files contain constructs like:

        list = GTK_CLIST (glade_xml_get_widget (gui, "sheet_list"));
        g_return_if_fail (list);

or:

        if (!radiobutton) {
                printf ("Corrupt file analysis-tools.glade\n");
                return 1;
        }

and your code just assumes that glade file contains all required widgets.

It's very inconsistent. That's why I'm looking for common solution.
If you don't like my proposal, I would be really happy if everyone agreed to
remove this code.

Zbigniew