Re: sticky rows and columns

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 06:29:27PM +0100, Nick Lamb wrote:

Presumably these warnings WILL go away in stable 1.x releases? Otherwise
this is one Excel feature (pressure to upgrade) I'll be asking Red Hat to
remove in their patch set.

That is a given.  Heck we could even add a config setting/ env var
to disable itin the development stream too.  The goal is to add
some simple filtering to the stream of stale bug reports.  Believe
me when we screw up and let a release go with a serious bug, we get
told.  Again and again and again.  It is daunting.

Whether you like it or not, Gnumeric has attracted users. I think you
could learn to like it :)
Users are our friends.  The more the merrier.

The goal of the Gnumeric project is to produce a spreadsheet that we
would be able to use in a production setting.  That means rock solid
stability, and a well tuned ui.  Please folks, this is not a
proprietary product, you _can_ make a difference whether you can
code, or write a spreadsheet to replicate a bug.  Report your
problems, and supply those test cases.