Re: graphing with 0.68

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:29:53AM -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
I know this is not very far along yet, but I'm interested in
experimenting.  I just built bonobo 1.0.7, gnumeric 0.68 with bonobo
support, and Guppi 0.35.5 with gnumeric support.

I can now get the graph guru to come up, but I'm not sure how to get
an actual graph to appear.  Messing with it several times, I once got
a bar chart to appear, but I'm not sure how I did it and can't seem
to repeat it!  Is any graph type other than the bar chart supported
yet?  (I know several types are offered by the "guru", but...)

The guru is only functional as a type selector.  I am working on
data selection now.  Select the region you want to graph before you
activate the guru.  bar/col, pie are usable.  scatter needs work.
There is code to parse XL charts, but not to pass that to guppi yet.
Printing works, persistence does not.

Good Luck, and remember your are playing with something under
development.  It is not something to use for your thesis.

Jody