Re: Evolution support

On 18 Jul 2001 13:56:20 +0000, Morten Welinder wrote:

> Why is the .idl file being checked for at compile-time, btw.?  The
> relevant thing to check for is (1) the .h file included, (2) run-time
> availability of the service.
(1) Evolution-Composer.h is generated during compile time from Evolution-Composer.idl. Therefore, no check for an *.h file can be performed (there is none).

(2) Run-time availability of the service is checked. Sure. If Evolution's composer cannot be started, you'll get a warning on the console (I didn't implement some popups here). But that's it. No crash, no linking error on startup.

Does my AC_DEFINE patch still cause problems on your computer (against latest gnumeric CVS)?

Lutz
--
                                                        \|||/
| Lutz Mueller           +49 (7156) 34837        +---ooO-(_)-Ooo---+
| Hans-Sachs-Strasse 5                                             |
| 71254 Ditzingen        http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Lutz.Mueller |
| Germany                urc8 rz uni-karlsruhe de                  |