mode, pdf, etc.

Hi,

I was looking at the decriptives stats analysis tool and since the mode wasn't implemented yet I decided to check out the code for the statistical function "mode" since it would be calculating the same thing. But to my surprise I got the following results with the stats function `mode':

data: 8.3, 9.1, 10.5, 12.8, 17.1, 17.6, 17.6, 18.1    mode: 17.1
data: 18.1, 17.6, 17.6, 17.1, 12.8, 10.5, 9.1, 8.3    mode: 8.3

since it is the same data (just in a different order) the mode should probably be the same ;-) In fact 17.6 would be a nice answer (and in fact the only correct one)!

Since I wanted to post this message I decided to export it as a pdf file. Perhaps this isn't supposed to work yet because I got:

tbl:<standard input>:7: `.' not last character on line
tbl:<standard input>:7: giving up on this table
Line  -- Unclosed block, footnote, or other diversion (|h)

and the created file contains only the sheet title.

Well exporting it as a latex file seem to work (although I was surprised to see latex2.09 code which is long outdated, shouldn't we use latex2e ?).

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow Assoc. Prof of Mathematics
Concordia University College of Alberta