Re: Negative time, using [h]:mm?

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 02:18:39PM +0000, vegard bakke alliedpress co nz wrote:

Jody Goldberg wrote:

On Thu, Jul 05, 2001, vegard bakke alliedpress co nz wrote:

I know Excel has the same problem, but it's fixable by changing your
type of calender.  How can you fix it in Gnumeric?

hmm, this is tricky.  We would like to stay format compatible with
MS Excel.  Can you expand on 'changing your calendar' ?

Okay I was wrong. You change the _date_format_, not calendar.
(The only knowledge I had was from usenet, not my own experience. ;)

Try searching for:  '"[h]:mm" negative 1904'
on http://groups.google.com

Yuk!  Do way in hell will we support that cruft.
I've checked XL's apprach to '####################' for negatives
and [h] and think we can easily be incompatible and support
negatives.  I'll stick in support for it for the next release.