complex numbers

A feature request:

I would appreciate very much if gnumeric supported complex
numbers becouse this would enhance the possibilities for
scientific computing very much.

I wonder whether it might be possible to use the Python support, as Python
handles complex numbers. However, I have no clue where to start and whether
this would really work. A possible solution would be to use two adjacent
cells for real and imaginary part but I'd prefer to introduce them as a new
entity besides (real) numbers, dates and text.

(I suppose, Excel does not have complex mnumbers, but I dont see any why
gnumeric should not be made better than Excel)

Guenter Milde

--
G Milde physik tu-dresden de