Re: Change negative number (9999)

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 01:00:35PM -0800, parkeral wrote:
In importing files to gnumeric, I end up with  negative numbers in
(brackets) . These numbers are flush left in the cell and  are not
included in  any calculations.

I have not been able  "unbracket " them.  Can anyone help ?

The default format 'General' does not recognize numbers in
parentheseis as negtive.  As a result they are imported as strings.
Unfortunately the current number matching scheme only compares
against the pattern associated with POSITIVE numbers, so none of the
other formats will work either.  I'll add this to the TODO list.

For now you'll need to use another tool to massage those numbers to
look like negatives.

Sorry for the bad news
    Jody