Re: Missing keyboard accel?

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 07:45:45PM +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

Don't take me wrong but I like to disagree.  There's a difference
between a keyboard shortcut (F9 or Ctl+Q) and a keyboard accelerator
(the underline '_').  The underline character should be mandatory for
_every_ menu entry.  Shortcuts are optional.  (I hope I did get the term
right...).

I disagree.  Adding accelarators with non-obvious keys just for the
sake of having one seems pointless.  An existing shortcut seems
sufficent.  We can debate this in one of the many 'usability'
sesions at guadec.