Re: docs: license etc.

On Sun, 2001-12-30 at 04:55, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I also posted on the gnome-foundation list some potential problems
of the GFDL. This may or may not apply to Gnumeric documentation, but
I would not present the GFDL as a required Licence for the Gnumeric
documentation. This may make sense for the user manual but not for other
parts of the documentation.

Daniel

Agreed - I was talking about user manual, not API docs. And I also agree
that the word "required" is not appropriate - "recommended" or
"suggested" would be better. Still, IMHO for user manuals  FDL is the
most appropriate license, definitely more so than GPL.

Sasha