Re: docs: license etc.
- From: Alexander Kirillov <kirillov math sunysb edu>
- To: gnumeric list <gnumeric-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: docs: license etc.
- Date: 29 Dec 2001 16:13:41 -0500
We usually use FDL with no invariant sections, no front and back matter
- so this controversy does not arise in our case.
On Sat, 2001-12-29 at 08:39, J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) wrote:
On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 20:03:38 -0500, Alexander Kirillov wrote:
Currently gnumeric manual carries GPL license. Are there any reasons why
not use the FDL? GPL is not really intended for use with documentation.
Please note that there is quite a lot of controversy regarding the FDL
allowing for unmodifiable/unremovable portions of text; see the debian-legal
archives of the last few months (http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/).
] [Thread Prev