Re: wishlist: file export feature

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 03:03PM -0500, Alex Barnes wrote:
$ zcat myfile.gnumeric | some_xslt_tool >myfile.html

All you'd need to do is parse the data under <gmr:Cells> using the xslt
tool and transform it into your html format.

I think that's the problem. It's formulas that are stored in cells, and
I want actual values ("24.6" instead of "=average(a1:a5)", etc). So you
need a program that can interpret the formula and produce values --
i.e., gnumeric itself.

Of course, gnumeric does this every time you load a file: chew through
the xml, figure out what data go in what cells, then calculate the
spreadsheet. If the code is sufficiently modular, you could hook the
spreadsheet engine to the html file exporter and bypass all the
graphical display stuff.

I don't code, though, so I can't implement this idea, and I don't
entirely understand xslt, so I might be totally missing the point
here... :)

Dan