Re: Gnumeric 0.76 experiences (long)

Jody Goldberg wrote:

Looking at the code for this case I see why it's hard but I'm fairly sure
you can recover the same data as Excel. In essence Gnumeric needs to be
willing to programatically create invalid formulae (you can type them in
already, so it's only a small change). Not a vital 1.0 feature anyway I
suppose.

Not a small change.  Internal data structures assume sanity.  What
you see on the screen or type on the keyboard have robust checking
to ensure that only sane things make their way into the core.  Send
a sample and I'll see what can be done.

desire.Wouldn't it be possible to create those invalid formulas as strings in gnumeric. This would make it quite easy for users to fix them if they so I believe the main cooncern is that currently the information hidden in those formulas is completely lost.

Andreas

--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
http://www.math.concordia.ab.ca/aguelzow