Re: dbf input filter

We currently have an xbase importer that purports to handle .dbf
files.  However, there is no export capability and the code is currently
unmaintained.  Please have a look at it and evaluate how much overlap
there is between the two implementations.

This would be a great addition to either unixODBC or GNOME-DB.  unixODBC
has a flat-file ODBC driver that is supposed to be easily extensible in
order to allow other file formats to be integrated.  Then the DBF files
would be available to GNOME apps that support GDA (which has a ODBC
<-> GNOME-DB bridge driver), PHP, StarOffice, etc....

The functionality of my library is fundamentally the same as that of the xbase plugin currently in gnumeric, except that mine's written in C++ and appears to have some extra functionality, most of which is probably superfluous to the needs of an app like gnumeric (funny though that I can't get gnumeric 0.64 to open dbf files. It says "Could not read file foo.dbf").