Re: dbf input filter

I just got through writing a C++ library for dbf file manipulation and
was wondering if the gnumeric project has any use for it (I noticed on
the gnumeric.org web page that it doesn't currently have a dbf input
ilter). I only had DBase 3 files available for testing when I wrote it
so it may require some changes to support other versions but I'm
willing to make these changes, provided I can find the necessary format
specs.
We currently have an xbase importer that purports to handle .dbf
files.  However, there is no export capability and the code is currently
unmaintained.  Please have a look at it and evaluate how much overlap
there is between the two implementations.

This would be a great addition to either unixODBC or GNOME-DB.  unixODBC
has a flat-file ODBC driver that is supposed to be easily extensible in
order to allow other file formats to be integrated.  Then the DBF files
would be available to GNOME apps that support GDA (which has a ODBC
<-> GNOME-DB bridge driver), PHP, StarOffice, etc....

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS