Re: XML DTD for Gnumeric

[Cc'ing the gnumeric list since that where it should have gone]

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 05:21:09PM -0400, Vager Bright wrote:
Hello Mr. Veillard,
I wanted to ask if you or anyone else on the Gnumeric team has created a DTD
for the XML format that you use to save the data with.  I was hoping to look
at it, as I am interested in porting spreadsheets to XML and was hoping to
use a standard versus creating one from scratch.  Possibly yours could
become a standard since I believe you are some of the first to convert
Spreadsheets to XML.  If you do not have a DTD, would you possibly have some
other format guide.

  Hi Vager,

 I did actually write only the very first version of the Gnumeric
XML I/O routines. I didn't made a DtD at that time (well I hadn't DtD
support in libxml then).
 I think a lot of people reachable on the Gnumeric list have improved
and designed evolutions of the original version, I must admit I have lost
track of the changes in this format. I don't think there is a DtD, but
I hope the people in the gnumeric list will be able to answer your
question. It might be a good idea to join this list if you are interested
in compatibility at the format level:

------------- http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/ -------
send mail to: gnumeric-list-request gnome org and in the body of
your message put the word "subscribe".

  yours,

Daniel

P.s: to whoever maintains that page there is a few broken links:
  http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gnome.org%2Fprojects%2Fgnumeric%2F

  reports the following