Re: CORBA/omniORB + Gnumeric

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:54:19AM +0000, Nick Belshaw wrote:
Miguel de Icaza wrote:

There are two naming systems, the old GNORBA-based
(gnome-name-service-based) one and the new OAF-based (oafd) one.

You can use the GNORBA API from the libgnorba runtime to launch
Gnumeric.

Gnumeric no longer support gnorba.  It is oaf only.

Miguel mentioned  'old GNORBA' and 'new OAF'.

Are GNORBAs days numbered?
Should I really be using OAF? I can find no clear info on how to use it.
GNORBA's days are over.

I would sincerely love to get this thing going.  I apologise for
my obvious lack of understanding but I do not have time to
thrash over the source-code and work with this stuff in my job.

If anyone could spare a little time to hold my hand I would be most
grateful - or should I leave it a few more years?  :-/
It is tantilizingly close to being functional for you, but it is not
currently working.  Give me until the new year.  Then harass us
again :-)

It is literally a matter of a few hours to get things tidied up and
functional.  Finding the hours is another question.

Sorry for the bad news,
    Jody