Re: library for reading xls files

You should wander over to CPAN and get the Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module.

Took me 10 minutes to write up the script to rip apart the relevant excel
files.

You would know better how to integrate Perl with Python; I'm afraid I know
nothing on the subject.

Steve Bourg wrote:

I'm looking for a library/module for reading a M$ Excel
spreadsheet.  I plan to post its cell data to a database.  I don't need
formatting, formulas, etc.  My preference is something in Python or
something easily accessible from Python.  I was hoping that someone on the
gnumeric team could point me in the right direction.

Steve Bourg