Re: library for reading xls files

On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 12:39:54PM -0800, Steve Bourg wrote:
I'm looking for a library/module for reading a M$ Excel
spreadsheet.  I plan to post its cell data to a database.  I don't need
formatting, formulas, etc.  My preference is something in Python or
something easily accessible from Python.  I was hoping that someone on the
gnumeric team could point me in the right direction.

There are two choices available.  Neither is a perfect fit.

1) Gnumeric is controlable via python CORBA bindings.  This needs
   some work and has not seen alot of use lately.

2) There is an 'xlHtml' project that may be a good source for
   handling the stripped down version of import you are looking for.

Good Luck
    Jody