Re: about translations, printing graphics and euro symbol

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 01:19:59AM +0000, Nick Lamb wrote:
If Gnumeric worked internally in Unicode this problem would go away,
and you could always offer all the currency symbols. Can one at least
select a UTF-8 locale and get what one wants that way, or is this
whole area blocked up by GTK+ 1.2 being parochial?

We definitely plan to use UTF8 internally.  This process will require
a fair amount of work in the format and parsing engines.  So we have
planned to merge the work with a planned reorg of those systems.