Re: Importing sticky ntoes

Il giorno dom, 13/11/2011 alle 15.39 +0200, Aurimas Černius ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> > I tried gnote in the past, then stick to stickynotes. Now I want to
> > finally migrate to gnote (ahem, thanks GNOME 3): how do I reimport
> > stickynotes? I tried deleting .local/share/gnote, purging gnote from my
> > system and resetting dconf keys left, but every time that I reinstall
> > and restart gnote, I only see the 2 demo notes.
>
> What version of Gnote do you use?

0.8.1-1

> Also check if you have Sticky Note Import addin installed.

Sure, and enabled.

> Delete both ~/.local/share/gnote and ~/.config/gnote, than Gnote should
> detect first run and import them.
>
> > I can see my sticky notes are regularly in ~/.gnome2/stickynotes_applet
>
> That's where Gnote should look for them.
>

> > I googled and "irced" for help, but I was not even able to simply
> > _delete_ all dconf keys, since the only utility suggested to me for
> > doing something like that, gsettings, won't operate outside some schema.
>
> This has nothing to do with dconf, the fact of notes being imported is
> stored in an ini file under ~/.config/gnote/addins

Oh yes, that's what I was missing! Seeing dconf keys, I thought all
configurations were there.

> > I spent hours trying to import those notes which are crucial to me (also
> > uninstalled tomboy, but that didn't help), thanks for any pointer
>
> Older versions of Gnote in fact required Tomboy to be installed for
> Sticky Note import to work. Also there might be a clash between Sticky
> Note import and Tomboy import, as it might be assumed, that Sticky Notes
> were imported to Tomboy, so Tomboy import is sufficient.
> I suggest to clean remove Gnote and Tomboy directories (including the
> old ~/.gnote and ~/.tomboy, if they are present) and try again.

OK, that did partially work, so already thanks.

The problem now is that not all notes are loaded. When I start gnote
(after removing .local/share/gnote and .config/gnote), I only see some
of them, and in the terminal:

pietro@debiousci:~$ gnote
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
(140635264354688) ERROR: error_handler - XML error EntityRef: expecting
';'

(140635264354688) ERROR: error_handler - XML error EntityRef: expecting
';'

(140635264354688) ERROR: error_handler - XML error xmlParseEntityRef: no
name

(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded
(140635264354688) ERROR: load_addins_for_note - trying to load addins
when they are already loaded

If I open the xml file with firefox, however, it reports no xml error
(and notice that notes are loaded perfectly with stickynotes itself).

Is there any particular xml validation I can perform to understand what
gnote doesn't like?

thanks

Pietro