Re: Importing sticky ntoes

Hi,

> I tried gnote in the past, then stick to stickynotes. Now I want to
> finally migrate to gnote (ahem, thanks GNOME 3): how do I reimport
> stickynotes? I tried deleting .local/share/gnote, purging gnote from my
> system and resetting dconf keys left, but every time that I reinstall
> and restart gnote, I only see the 2 demo notes.

What version of Gnote do you use?
Also check if you have Sticky Note Import addin installed.
Delete both ~/.local/share/gnote and ~/.config/gnote, than Gnote should
detect first run and import them.

> I can see my sticky notes are regularly in ~/.gnome2/stickynotes_applet

That's where Gnote should look for them.

> I googled and "irced" for help, but I was not even able to simply
> _delete_ all dconf keys, since the only utility suggested to me for
> doing something like that, gsettings, won't operate outside some schema.

This has nothing to do with dconf, the fact of notes being imported is
stored in an ini file under ~/.config/gnote/addins

> I spent hours trying to import those notes which are crucial to me (also
> uninstalled tomboy, but that didn't help), thanks for any pointer

Older versions of Gnote in fact required Tomboy to be installed for
Sticky Note import to work. Also there might be a clash between Sticky
Note import and Tomboy import, as it might be assumed, that Sticky Notes
were imported to Tomboy, so Tomboy import is sufficient.
I suggest to clean remove Gnote and Tomboy directories (including the
old ~/.gnote and ~/.tomboy, if they are present) and try again.

--
Aurimas