Importing sticky ntoes

Hello,

I tried gnote in the past, then stick to stickynotes. Now I want to
finally migrate to gnote (ahem, thanks GNOME 3): how do I reimport
stickynotes? I tried deleting .local/share/gnote, purging gnote from my
system and resetting dconf keys left, but every time that I reinstall
and restart gnote, I only see the 2 demo notes.

I can see my sticky notes are regularly in ~/.gnome2/stickynotes_applet

I googled and "irced" for help, but I was not even able to simply
_delete_ all dconf keys, since the only utility suggested to me for
doing something like that, gsettings, won't operate outside some schema.

I spent hours trying to import those notes which are crucial to me (also
uninstalled tomboy, but that didn't help), thanks for any pointer

Pietro