Gnote icon not available in notification area

Hello all,
  I have upgraded my desktop to Fedora 16 and noticed two issues with gnote.

Earlier, once I invoked gnote, an icon was available in the
notification area which can be used to re-launch gnote. This is not
available now.

Secondly, whenever I launch gnote it opens a window with all the notes
and from there I can launch individual notes. But if I close the main
window all the other gnote windows are closed. This is annoying and I
have to keep the main window always opened.

Are these bugs or expected behaviour?

P.S: I really liked the way in which gnome was a panel applet in
gnome-2, it really kept users' focus on the recent notes which can be
opened individually. But gnome-2 is not any more. :(

regards
--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com