Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: Codec g.711

On Fri, 19 May 2006 01:13:41 +0200
Aldric Degorre <aldo-pub2 laposte net> wrote:

..deleted

> > Obsolete? The only codec which is always working is this one! Don't know
> > who wrote the french version, but I can't agree on what is written in
> > the non technical part, except that it takes bandwidth.
> >
> Well it depends on what we call obsolescence.
> That I understood is that g.711 is old and technically behind. But since
> it has been widely used, it is today the only codec which is always working.

For H.323, support for G.711 is mandatory, so it should always be
supported for that protocol. Of course, your bandwidth may not allow it
to be used...

   Craig

 Craig Southeren          Post Increment ? VoIP Consulting and Software
 craigs postincrement com au                   www.postincrement.com.au

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243656905      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046

 "It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.
  Be yourself, no matter what they say."   Sting