Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga behind very strict firewall

Hi,

It should work with STUN but you'll probably have to disable local
firewall. My setup is the other way around - port forwarding on the
router and only two ports open on the local firewall. However I'm able
to make and recieve SIP calls =)

On 5/15/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
Le lundi 15 mai 2006 à 02:25 +0200, Peter Dedecker a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I live at a student home from Ghent University.  To connect to the
> internet, we have to set up a VPN connection.  Now, the university has
> set up a firewall behind the VPN concentrator and the internet.  All
> connections to a computer at the UGent network (eg: my computer) are
> blocked, except those to ports 13001-13005 to allow just a little
> personal services like ssh.  Normal connections initiated by a client at
> the network (eg a connection to port 80 to an external server), are allowed.
>
> Is it possible to use the Ekiga client with an ekiga.net account on the
> university network with ports in the range 13001-13005?

I don't know. You will have to try and seen. I guess it could be enough,
but tricky.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net