Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] h323 - LAN break

Gustavo dos Anjos a écrit :
You're right! When I try to start a call, my LAN stops to work! I can't
communicate to other computer and even though to my modem. I have to plug
out my modem from eletricity to restart my LAN and my internet connection.
I dont  know if "symmetric NAT' has some relation with my problem, but I
already opened all necessaries ports mentioned on ekiga homepage topic (FAQ
- Getting it to work behind a NAT router). Thank you to spend you time to
try to help me!

That's just impossible! An application running on a computer cannot break a modem to the point where a hard reset is necessary.

Notice that all ports opening and the rest doesn't need to be done unless ekiga didn't find a way to workaround the firewall. One of the main difference between gnomemeeting and ekiga is precisely that ekiga has an auto-setup in the druid which generally avoids to touch one's firewall.

Your problem must be elsewhere.... buggy modem ?

Snark on #ekiga