Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] ekiga-2.0.1 audio choppy

Hi,

Le mercredi 22 mars 2006 à 17:16 +0900, Yoriaki FUJIMORI a écrit :
> Dear listers,
>
> I compiled ekiga-2.0.1 on the SuSE Linux 10.0 OSS/i386 platform.
> I tried to test several audio cards and usb sound systems.
> On all of them, my voice became choppy on the other side of
> voip system, that is gm-1.2 or gm-1.1.  By ekiga-2.0.1, I can
> hear the other side well.
> I mostly use PCMU/PCMA 64KB/8MHz audio codec.
>
> I have never tried sip.
> But, as far as h323 is concerned, ekiga-2.0.1 has got a seemingly
> serious probelm with respct to voice.

Nobody else reported that problem.

You will have to debug further and give more information to be able to
determine what the problem is.

Anyway, a codec is a codec. They are the same in Ekiga, GM 1.0, GM 1.2.
Moreover, they are identical with H.323 and SIP. So your problem is
unrelated to Ekiga itself.

The only thing I could think of, is some kind of disfunction of the Echo
Canceler. Perhaps you can try disabling it in the "Audio Codecs"
settings and see if it improves the situation.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net