Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] intermittent problem - no incoming audio

On 3/22/06, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
> Le mardi 21 mars 2006 à 15:46 +0000, David Corking a écrit :
> > Sometimes when I make calls I don't hear anything.  I have noticed it
> > when checking my voicemail and calling echo servers.
> >
> > I pasted a log of a typical occurence here :
> >
> > http://paste.lisp.org/display/18099#1
> >
> > It does not happen on every call, but often enough to trouble me.  Is
> > there anything obvious wrong here?
> >
> > Note that I am on GNU/Linux and behind a SOHO cone NAT using STUN
>
> I can see that:
> - the STUN can detect the remote ports correctly (5010 and 5011)
> - you do not receive anything :
>     packetsReceived   = 0
>     octetsReceived    = 0
>
> I can think of two possible causes :
> 1) the router has a problem and has some sort of disfunction
> 2) you have a local firewall on the machine running Ekiga
>
> If you are sure that 2) is not the problem, then I would suggest
> forwarding UDP ports 5000 to 5100 to your internal machine and see if it
> works or not.

I checked iptables :  all the chains are empty (below)

So I have changed port forwarding from 5000-5016 to 5000-5100 and will
see what happens.  Perhaps there is a misconfigured router on the
internet, or a bug in Asterisk echo server or my router.

Thanks, David

seahouses:~ # iptables --list
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)