[GnomeMeeting-list] ekiga-2.0.1 audio choppy

Dear listers,

I compiled ekiga-2.0.1 on the SuSE Linux 10.0 OSS/i386 platform.
I tried to test several audio cards and usb sound systems.
On all of them, my voice became choppy on the other side of
voip system, that is gm-1.2 or gm-1.1.  By ekiga-2.0.1, I can
hear the other side well.
I mostly use PCMU/PCMA 64KB/8MHz audio codec.

I have never tried sip.
But, as far as h323 is concerned, ekiga-2.0.1 has got a seemingly
serious probelm with respct to voice.

I have to add that I tried a recent version of alsa, rc2 though.
But, this does not help.
My connection to the internet is all over 100Mbps, both at home
and lab.
I am wondering why ekiga-2.0.1 cannot do what gm-1.2 can do.

yoriaki fujimori

p.s.  I noticed a slight memory leakage on ekiga-2.0.1.  Very slowly
but steadily, the memory usage increases, by 1MB though, for each
out/in.