Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Conference Calls?

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:54:50 +1000
"Mark Sargent" <coolboarderguy gmail com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> thanx. Let me summarize my understanding,
>
> Windows users use gizmo, I use ekiga and utilizing gizmo's conference
> call capabilities, we can do a 3 way call? With opencmu on my system,
> we can do the 3way via my system or just use the 501xxx@ way, which
> is not greatly secure?   I could also use Asterisk for the
> conferencing handling? Let me know if I've not got something right.
> cheers.

http://support.gizmoproject.com/?_a=knowledgebase&_j=questiondetails&_i=41

shows details on making conference calls. I don't know if it is
necessary to register with Gizmo to use this facility. Some replies on
this list have stated that it is not - anyone with a SIP connection can
use it, but I have no personal experience.

The only way in which it is more "secure" than the Ekiga system is that
there are more numbers: 1-222-xxx-xxxx are the Gizmo conference numbers.

DISCLAIMER: I have never used it.

Cheers,
Alan