Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Welcome to the "GnomeMeeting-list" mailing list

Hi,

Le mercredi 21 juin 2006 à 21:58 +0200, Enrico Tassi a écrit :
> Hi,
> I'm using ekiga 2.0.2 and a creative instant live p0620.
>
> AFAIK ekiga tries to use the qcif format (if the webcam supports it)
> failing back to cif (and scaling it) if not.
>
> It seems that my qebcam supports the qcif format but in a stupid way
> (that is the image is taken using the top-right part of the sensor, so
> that I've to use the webcam in an unnatural position).
>
> Is it possible to avoid ekiga using the qcif format, forcing it to scale
> cif?

Unfortunately not. You should contact the author driver and tell him to
fix his driver: ie fail with qcif so that applications can capture in
cif and the resize.

The V4L1 plugin would allow to set a HINT in the plugin in order to
force CIF size and resize, but the V4L2 plugin doesn't have such a
system.

The best solution is really to fix the driver so that it behaves as it
should.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net