Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] V4L2 webcam not found during initial config assistant

[...]

,-----[ ls -l /dev/video0 ]
`-----

> Essentially, you have to change the permissions of /dev/video0 to
> something like 660 for root:video, 600 for <youruser>. The second option
> is the saner one (otherwise anyone who belongs to group video can open
> the camera and watch you. OTOH this is relevant for a multiuser system
> with remote access only). You can do this with "chmod 660 /dev/video0 &&
> chown root:video /dev/video0". How to make this permanent depends on the
> distribution, no idea how to do this on debian best.

Thanks Stefan, I was hoping there would be something simpler, like adding
myself to some group.  However, this is single user system, so can change
the permissions as you suggest -- will look into a way to permanently do
that.

Cheers,

--
Seb