Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] 500 ekiga net comes back all garbled

>>> I just tried my ekiga connection and got some problems: the video seems to
>>> work OK, but the sound doesn't: the connection says PCMA/H261 for both In
>>> and Out, and I can hear some automatic message when I connect as well as
>>> hear some of my own sounds echoed back to me, but the sound is
>>> seriously garbled (I still haven't even been able to figure out what that
>>> automatic message tells me).

>> It's probably saying something like 'these cookies taste nice
>> [munch..munch...munch]' ;-)

> Sounds pretty close, indeed.

>> Is Ekiga.net work OK today? I was down lastnight for a while.

>> Can you place a call elsewhere to test? 501 ekiga net (which is acutally
>> hosted elsewhere).

> I'll try that, thanks.

Tried it: same result.  Now I'm also wondering: why does it choose PCMA?
After all, I haven't changed the list of codecs and PCMA comes last.
And indeed if I remove PCMA from the list, the connection says "/H231" only
for in&out, indicating that it couldn't agree on any codec.
Is that normal?  The preferences list of codecs seems complete.

>> I would also try the set-up druid, and run the audio test to ensure that
>> audio out/in on the local machine works OK.

> I did that: the local audio works fine (well, the echo was terrible in the
> test, but other than that it sounded fine).

I now tested it with headphones so as to remove the echo and it really works
just fine,

        Stefan