Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting + ATI Wonder pro TV Capture card

Sanjay Darisi wrote:

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2006 à 16:48 -0500, Sanjay Darisi a écrit :

Just now I observed something in my lsmod. I was looking at the modinfo of the tuner card driver modules (cx88xx) and looks like they are v4l2 drivers. There was another v4l2_compat module for v41(1) compatibility layer for v4l2 drivers. Do you think this is the problem? As the driver is a v412 driver with v4l compatibilty layer, this would cause prbs. I saw an option in pwlib for v4l2, does this help? Or gnomemeeting wont' be able to read from the v4l2 drivers?

You can try, but our V4L2 plugin is not very good for now.

--enable-v4l2 for pwlib configure.

I would think there is a bug in the V4L1 compatibility layer. Perhaps
you should really contact the driver author and perhaps ask him to
contact me.

I tried to use the --enable-v4l2 in pwlib and it threw this:

checking linux/videodev2.h usability... no
checking linux/videodev2.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled" configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result configure: WARNING: linux/videodev2.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the AC_PACKAGE_NAME lists.  ##
checking for linux/videodev2.h... yes
checking for V4L2 video support... yes

When I tried to make ignoring these warnings, it exited with compilation errors in that file. I have FC3. How do I resolve these warnings??

Btw, when I say modprobe v4l1_compat , I can the see the author's name (Bill Dirks) but no email to contact. I've googled without any success either.

Thanks

I've got past this point and compiled pwlib successfully by adding #include <linux/types.h> in linux/videodev2.h . But, still its the same. I don't see any debug statements when I execute 'gnomemeeting -d 4' nor video from my card. Is there anything else I'm missing here????

Or is there any video capture card, which works with gnomemeeting that I can go buy from a store right away.

Thanks

http://www.techiesabode.com/