Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] gnomemeeting + ATI Wonder pro TV Capture card

Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2006 à 12:37 -0500, Sanjay Darisi a écrit :
Damien Sandras wrote:

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2006 à 11:33 -0700, sanjay_darisi leafnetworks net a
écrit :

OK, this is what I'm doing. When I open gnomemeeting it tries to read from the camera as it is connected but displays nothing, no video. I can open
up all the menus and close them fine (changing any of the settings freezes it too). When I hit the camera button, as you said it tries to stop the
video and freezes again (as the button is a toggle button).

So, when I start gnomemeeting, it connects to the camera but displays no video.

I would need a backtrace at this point of time, if possible in debug
symbols. But my guess would be that for some reason, the V4L plugin is
blocked at some stage, due to the driver.

Have you tried reporting the problem to the driver author?

Backtrace from gdb??

I don't see any debug statements when I give d -4 as arguement to gnomemeeting? I've compiled it from source. Do I have to do something to enable debug statements ?

No...

I'm just wondering how xawtv was able play the video. I believe it uses the V4L plugin right? I haven't reported the problem to the driver author yet. Will do it soon.

xawtv is not using the same color formats, and it is not using our V4L
plugin.

I see you built from sources, are you sure of what you have done?
Sometimes it can be due to the fact you are using old plugins with a
newer pwlib. The fact tht you have no debug output proves something else
weird happened.

This is what I've done,

--> Downloaded the source packages from downloads section in www.gnomemeeting.org
--> Unzipped each of them into separate directories
--> Compiled and PWlib as:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-plugins
$ make
$ make install

--> Compiled and built OpenH323 as:

$ ./configure --enable-rfc2190avcodec=//usr/include/ffmpeg --prefix=/usr/

/$ make/

/$ make install/

--> Compiled and built gnomemeeting as:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-gnome
$ make
$ make install

Is there anything else I'm missing??? Btw, i've added the H.263 capability in the src/endpoint.cpp file thats all.

Thanks,
Sanjay.

http://www.techiesabode.com/