[GnomeMeeting-list] Ekiga sound events

When running Ekiga under a window manager like KDE or Gnome. that uses sound
events for apps opening and closing, or in this case, when the recipient of
the sip call answers, I get the following message.

"Could not open audio channel for audio transmission

An error occured while trying to record from the soundcard for the audio
transmission. Please check that your soundcard is not busy and that your
driver supports full-duplex.
The audio transmission has been disabled."

I would have to go to another window manager without sound events for Ekiga to
work properly.

Any work arounds or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

Tom