Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Messenger cannot log in to ekiga.net SIP service

El mar, 11-04-2006 a las 19:28 +0200, Damien Sandras escribió:
> Le dimanche 09 avril 2006 à 15:00 -0500, Andrew Green a écrit :
> > While it's true that the problem may only be with WM or some other
> > propietary technology, free software has to interact with and take into
> > account buggy, incomplete propietary software all the time. Free
> > software web applications bend over backwards to deal with Internet
> > Explorer, as does OpenOffice.org to read and write files in closed MS
> > formats. Even programs that use simple, open protocols such as FTP take
> > special measures to interoperate with buggy MS products.
> >
> > If Ekiga and the ekiga.net service aim to allow users to call propietary
> > SIP phones, then it makes sense that the project at least be aware of
> >

> I agree with this. However, ekiga.net is running SER.
> And SER has been reported to work with Windows Messenger.
> However, old versions of Windows Messenger have bugs.
>
> Are you running a recent enough version?
>
> Damien

Version 5.1, just downloaded from Microsoft. As I mentionned, with one
person, Ekiga-WM communication works fine, and with another, SIP
registration fails. In both cases, it's the same version of WM, but a
different ISP. Another possibility that occured to me is that some
spyware or other malware is blocking things.

If you can give me a few pointers as to how to investigate what the
problem may be (ISP blocking, spyware, WM or Winodws bug, etc.) I'd be
more than willing to try.

The ISP of the person whose SIP connection doesn't work is videotron.ca.

Many thanks in advance,
Andrew

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/